Henry Bradshaw Society
Publication News and Plans
The following editions are in the course of preparation:
- English Benedictine Litanies
- Volume 1 of this work, edited by Professor Nigel Morgan, covering Abbotsbury to Peterborough, is now in the final stages of publication.
It will be published as Volume CXIX, and issued against subscriptions for 2007.
Professor Morgan expects to submit Volume 2, Pontefact to York, in October 2012.
These volumes will include all extant medieval Litanies from English Benedictine houses.
- Medieval Litanies from Ireland
- Professor Pádraig Ó Riain is currently preparing an edition of these texts.
- The Dunstan Pontifical
- Dr Birgit Ebersberger of the Bavarian Academy has agreed to
prepare for the Society an edition of the Dunstan Pontifical (Paris, Bibl.nat. Ms lat.943)
- English Benedictine Kalendars post 1100, vol. 3: Kalendars of Male Houses, Norwich-York
- Professor Nigel Morgan is well advanced in the preparation of this volume, which will at last complete the work begun by Francis Wormald with vols. LXXVII and LXXXI.
- English Benedictine Kalendars post 1100, vol. 4: Benedictine Nunneries;addenda to vols. 1–2; introduction; and cumulative indexes to vols. 1–4
- Professor Nigel Morgan has the material for this volume in hand.
- The Anderson Pontifical
- Drs William Schipper and Sarah Keefer are at work on an edition of London, British Library Add. Ms. 57337.
- The Libellus Precum of Bishop Sigebert of Minden
- Joanne Pierce expects to complete this edition soon.
- The Obits in the Syon Martiloge
- Drs V. Bainbridge and C. Gejrot have agreed to prepare an edition for the Society.
- Insular monastic office antiphoners
- The late Professor David Chadd had an edition nearly ready for the press. The Society hopes to be able to complete that work, at his request.
- The Red Book of Darley
- Dr David Pelteret has agreed to consider editing this book (Cambridge, Corpus Christi College 422) for the Society and has begun exploratory work on it.
- The Exeter Benedictional
- Prof Christopher A. Jones, of the Department of English at the Ohio State University,
has in hand an edition of the Exeter Benedictional (London, British Library, Add. 28188), which he has offered to the Society as a future publication.
- The Divine Office in Anglo-Saxon England, 597-c.1000
- Dr Jesse Billett has completed this volume and it will be with the press by the end of this year.
Other publications, not available through the Society:
Richard W. Pfaff - The Liturgy in Medieval England: a History
- Published Sept 2009, CUP, ISBN 9780521808477
Festschrift for Edward Roesner
- Professor Roesner was for many years a valued Member of Council.
Quomodo cantabimus canticum? Studies in Honor of Edward H. Roesner,
ed. David Butler Cannata, Gabriela Ilnitchi Currie,
Rena Charnin Mueller and John Louis Nadas,
American Institute of Musicology, November 2008, ISBN 978-1595514967, $60
Bibliotheca Liturgica Danica
Professor Knud Ottosen has kindly offered to members of the Society
the opportunity to purchase remaining copies of two volumes of this series,
The Manual from Notmark and The Manual from Bystorp.
Any member who is interested should contact Professor Ottosen.
Full details are included on an information sheet provided by Professor Ottosen,
available from this link.