Henry Bradshaw Society
Publication News and Plans
The following editions are in the course of preparation:
- English Benedictine Litanies
- Professor Morgan expects to submit Volume 3, Introduction and Indices, by the end of May 2016. It is expected to be issued as Vol.123.
- Notker Balbulus Liber Ymnorum
- This work, edited by Professor Calvin Bower, will be published as volumes 121 and 122
(vol.1 text and translation, vol.2 commentary, and indexes).
It is now with the publishers and is scheduled for publication early in 2017.
The edition includes the Latin text, neumatic notation and a transcription on lines for each ymnus (or sequence)
in the Liber Ymnorum.
- Medieval Kalendars from Ireland
- Professor Pádraig Ó Riain is currently preparing an edition of these texts.
- The Dunstan Pontifical
- Dr Birgit Ebersberger of the Bavarian Academy has agreed to
prepare for the Society an edition of the Dunstan Pontifical (Paris, Bibl.nat. Ms lat.943)
- English Benedictine Kalendars post 1100, vol. 3: Kalendars of Male Houses, Norwich-York
- Professor Nigel Morgan is well advanced in the preparation of this volume, which will at last complete the work begun by Francis Wormald with vols. LXXVII and LXXXI.
- English Benedictine Kalendars post 1100, vol. 4: Benedictine Nunneries;addenda to vols. 1–2; introduction; and cumulative indexes to vols. 1–4
- Professor Nigel Morgan has the material for this volume in hand.
- Insular monastic office antiphoners
- The late Professor David Chadd had an edition nearly ready for the press. The Society hopes to be able to complete that work, at his request.
- The Red Book of Darley
- Dr David Pelteret has agreed to consider editing this book (Cambridge, Corpus Christi College 422) for the Society and has begun exploratory work on it.
- The Exeter Benedictional
- Prof Christopher A. Jones, of the Department of English at the Ohio State University,
has in hand an edition of the Exeter Benedictional (London, British Library, Add. 28188), which he has offered to the Society as a future publication.
Other publications, not available through the Society:
Karlsen, Espen (ed.): Latin Manuscripts of Medieval Norway. Studies in memory of Lilli Gjerløw
- Published June 2013, Novus forlag. Details and order page here. ISBN 9788270997220
The publisher will send without adding charges for postage and handling.
Richard W. Pfaff - The Liturgy in Medieval England: a History
- Published Sept 2009, CUP, ISBN 9780521808477
Festschrift for Edward Roesner
- Professor Roesner was for many years a valued Member of Council.
Quomodo cantabimus canticum? Studies in Honor of Edward H. Roesner,
ed. David Butler Cannata, Gabriela Ilnitchi Currie,
Rena Charnin Mueller and John Louis Nadas,
American Institute of Musicology, November 2008, ISBN 978-1595514967, $60
Bibliotheca Liturgica Danica
Professor Knud Ottosen has kindly offered to members of the Society
the opportunity to purchase remaining copies of two volumes of this series,
The Manual from Notmark and The Manual from Bystorp.
Any member who is interested should contact Professor Ottosen.
Full details are included on an information sheet provided by Professor Ottosen,
available from this link.